Vegan Salted Caramel PB Mousse Slice
Time: 1 hour Servings: 12
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 medjool dates, soaked for 10 min in boiling water, then drained
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 cups (500ml) coconut yoghurt
- 4 scoops (40g) Veganut Salted Caramel Protein Powder (or any of our other flavours)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup (optional for sweetness)
- Chopped roasted peanuts
- Dark chocolate
- Add all of the base ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth and sticking together. Press into a 20cm x 20cm tin lined with baking paper and place in freezer (you can make do with any small to medium sized dish or pan, the thickness will just vary slightly).
- Add all the caramel layer ingredients to the processor (no need to wash in between) and process until smooth. Spread in an even layer over the base and place back in the freezer.
- For the filling, add coconut yoghurt and protein powder to a bowl and mix with a spoon until smooth with no lumps. Pour evenly over the caramel layer and drop chunks of peanut butter into the filling so that you will have chunks when it freezes. Place back in the freezer.
- Once set firmly, drizzle with melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with chopped roasted peanuts. Cut into 12 squares and store in the freezer.
- Take out at least 10 minutes before eating to allow it to defrost and become creamy, or heat in microwave for 30 seconds for a melty, gooey, delicious mess.