Vegan Salted Caramel Choc Chip Protein Cookies
Time: 30 mins Servings: 12-15 cookies
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup Veganut Salted Caramel Protein Powder (or any of our other flavours)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (chickpea brine)
- 1/4 cup dark choc chips (can use dates, nuts, raisins, or any other add-ins)
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the aquafaba until light and fluffy and loose peaks form, then add the melted coconut oil and vanilla, and mix until just combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined into a firm, sticky dough. Refrigerate for 30 mins or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F. Shape the dough into 12-15 balls and place 1 inch apart on a lined baking sheet. Lightly press each ball to flatten into a cookie shape and sprinkle each with a little rock salt (optional).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned and golden. Best enjoyed warm and fresh out of the oven!