Vegan Choc Hazelnut Butter Cookie Sandwich
Time: 1 hour Servings: 2 sandwich cookies
- 30g Veganut Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tbsp gluten free flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp hazelnut butter (we use Forty Thieves Hazelnut Crunch Nut Butter)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 90ml almond or soy milk
- Extra hazelnut butter for filling (we would say this part is optional...but it's not)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until it forms a dough. It will be a bit softer than regular cookie dough.
- Roll the dough into 4 even balls and place on a lined baking tray. Flatten each ball into a cookie shape and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are starting to crisp slightly.
- Let cookies cool for 5 mins, then spread two halves with the extra hazelnut butter (about 1 tbsp for each).
- Sandwich the cookies together and demolish! (We spread and sandwiched them while still warm and it was next level, but beware it is a mess...an AMAZING mess).