Vegan Salted Caramel Protein Shortbread
Time: 1 hour Servings: 12
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup Veganut Salted Caramel Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or margarine, softened but not melted
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Sift flour into a bowl, then add the protein powder, sugar, and salt, and mix thoroughly.
- Add the butter/margarine and rub in with your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Knead lightly until a dough forms (do not over mix), then wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 mins to an hour.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll into 12 even balls and place onto a lined baking tray. Flatten each ball into a cookie shape and prick each with a fork.
- Bake for 45 minutes, and then let cool for 30 mins to harden up.
- Enjoy as is, or dunked into your favourite hot drink!