Protein Apple Crumble
Time: 30 mins Servings: 6
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts (or any nut of choice)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3 scoops (1 serving) Veganut Vanilla Protein Powder
- 2-3 tbsp coconut sugar (depending on desired sweetness)
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or margarine, melted
- 2 x 400g cans of sliced apple (get a brand with no added syrup or sugar)
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Combine all of the ingredients for the crumble, except the butter, in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and then stir into the crumble mixture. It should be sticking together slightly but still very crumbly.
- Drain the canned apples and spread evenly in an oven-proof dish. Pour the crumble topping evenly over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins, checking after 10 mins to check that its not burning. Once golden, broil (with oven on grill setting) for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm, topped with your favourite vegan ice cream or yoghurt. Yummy!