Gluten Free Vanilla Protein Madeleines
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs or vegan egg replacer (e.g. 2 flax eggs)
- 85g coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup Veganut Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/3 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, fan bake. Grease madeleine pan and dust with gluten free flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream eggs and sugar until light and fluffy (about 4 minutes). Add in coconut oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest, and whisk to combine.
- Sift in protein powder, flour and baking powder and fold until just combined.
- Spoon a heaped tablespoon of mixture into each indentation, spreading the batter evenly. Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through*.
- Place cooked madeleines on a wire rack to cool.
- Dust the cooled madeleines with icing sugar or serve with coconut yoghurt for a dairy free, refined sugar-free alternative.
*To test if it is cooked through, lightly touch one of the madeleines, it will spring back if fully cooked.⠀